Brook international School (BIS) was founded by Fr. Dr. G. Abraham Thalothil on 2 June 2005 in the banks of the beautiful freshwater lake of Sasthamcotta. Recognized by the state and affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education in the year 2007 under the Aff. No 930717 the school is flourished with sections from Kinder Garten to Higher Secondary.
The School is run by the VIVA TRUST under the chairmanship of Fr. Dr. G. Abraham Thalothil whose exemplary vision and innovative ideas strengthen its quality and value-based education.
CBSE Board Results
The first batch of Class X passed out with flying colours in 2009-10. First XII batch passed out in 2012-13 with a National Topper Award in Biology.
National Topper Awards
- 2012-13 – Biology – Sandra. S
- 2014-15 –Biology – Sheena Shaji.
- 2014-15 – Sheena Shaji & Mithun Jose–T.K.M College of Engineering, Karicode
- MBBS -2016-17 – Neethu Thampi-Govt.Medical College, Alappuzha.
- BDS – 2016-17-Ashli S – Sree Anjaneya Institute of Dental Science, Kozhikode.
IIT -2016-17 – Muhammed Bilal– IIT, Kharakhpur, Sreehari S – IIT, Kanpur
BIS is spread across an area of 5.4 acres, on the banks of the largest freshwater lake in Kerala. It is 12 km east of the
National Highway from Karunagapally, 18 km south west of MC Road, Adoor and only 2 km from the Sasthamcotta Railway Station. Hence providing easy connectivity to the rest of the state.
Scientifically designed class rooms, labs and Digital classes enhance the smooth and comfortable learning of students. Hygiene check of the rooms is given topmost priority to keep the students healthy and fit safety measures such as CCTV, Fire Safety and emergency exits ensure the protection of the students.
Vision and Goals
Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think. At Brook, we win at moulding the future citizens of India into well informed and well-characterized individuals. Hence we have adopted unique international cognitive processing methods and techniques in teaching – keeping mind our traditional and ethnic values.
- Digital Classrooms
- Wi-Fi Connected Well Stocked Library
- Video Conference with Foreign Schools
- Spacious Play Ground with coaching for various sports.
- Yoga, Karate and Roller Skating.
- Children’s Park.
- Clubs- GK, Reading, Maths, Farming, Balajanasakhyam, Nallapadam.
- Coaching in English Fluency.
- Civil Service Coaching
- Regular Entrance coaching for higher Secondary with Crash Course.
- Word Bank and Weekly Diary for enriching vocabulary and writing skills.
- Theme based assemblies to create opportunities for all students.
- Theme celebrations for KG to build confidence.
- Scouts, guides and Junior Red Cross.
- Radio Jockeys to improve listening skills.
- Daily English Newspaper Reading.
- Daily GK to keep the students updated.
- Class Academies to erase the stage fear.
- Class libraries to be always in touch with reading.
- Science- Maths – Craft Spell Bee competition and exhibition and Interschool competitions.
Play School facility is provided for Toddlers from age 2.5 to 3.5.Timing 8.30 to 5.00 pm on all days except Public holidays.
Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone. A good school should always stretch out its hand to hug and listen to its students. Professional counselling and care are given to the students who need it and the parents are informed about the same.
Qualified Graduates and Postgraduates make the Brook Team Dynamic and competent. The regular and effective training sessions polish their teaching skills and keep them updated with the new trends in teaching.
Visiting faculty from Germany and U.K. impart International vision and cognitive approach to learning.
Periodical medical check-ups are conducted in the school, giving special attention to
the child’s eyesight, hearing and dental care.
CURRICULUM – CBSE Curriculum is followed.
- The courses – offered are from Kinder Garten to XII as per the CBSE Syllabus.
- Examination – Two Periodic Tests, A half yearly exam and an Annual Exam.
- Second Language – Hindi. Malayalam is compulsory for all classes.
- Promotion – is granted on the basis of the Formative and Summative Assessments.
- Admission is based on the scores of the Entrance Test except for KG.
- Minimum age of admission to LKG is 3 years and to Std I is 5 years as on the 1st of June of the year of admission.
- Students seeking admission from other states/countries should produce T.C. duly countersigned by the competent educational authorities/ embassies as the case may be.
- Withdrawal/ T.C. – requires advance application signed by the parent/guardian. In case of withdrawal/admission in the middle of the year, fees for the entire year should be remitted. T.C. will be issued only after such dues are cleared. The Principal reserves the right to ask a parent to withdraw their ward in case he/she is unable to comply with the discipline or cope up with the curriculum of the school.
- Fees: Tuition fees will be collected in advance in four instalments as follows:
- 1st Instalment fee – before 20th May
- 2nd Instalment fee – before 20th August
- 3rd Instalment fee – before 20th November
- 4th Instalment fee – before 20th January
A fine of Re. 1/- will be levied per day after the due date. The defaulters for more than 3 months will not be allowed to sit in the class. Fees for any item once paid will not be refunded.
- Helen Banks, Head of Private Schools, U.K.
- Nicki Bland, Kimbolton School, U.K.
- Johnson Raj, Vice Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Vechuchira.
- Jossy Chacko, Consultant Cardiologist, Holy Cross Hospital, Kottiyam
- Winfried Roth, Educationist, Hachenburg, Germany.
- H. Ramanan, Legal Advisor.
- Jaimon, Chartered Accountant.